Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Thursday, January 03, 2013

Goals where are you!!

I didn't get around to giving my goals much thought... But, after posting the title, I decided to jot down some things in my calendar.

I have a new calendar thing. One of those little "checkbook" sized wallet style pocket/purse calendars.  You open a page, and get a week view - spaces to write several lines of appointments etc. on the weekdays, a couple lines each for Saturday and Sunday... I've been writing in it, some of my short term goals or to do list for the day.  Checking things off that I did, X beside the things that didn't happen for whatever reason.  Like, I might plan my day, but then something comes up, and I don't get to it. Or I don't estimate the time it takes properly...

Anyway, I figured, I would jot down the goals that I come up with here for the month on the last day, in this case, January 31st.  Then, when the time comes, I can see if I succeeded. :)  Without having to search here, or anything, especially for adding the goal items to the todo list!

So, my January goals are:
-Start writing that document I never got to last year (a special project that I dragged my heals on, but now I have someone willing to read and critique it for me)
-Thoroughly clean my fridge, and keep it that way!
-Watch some of the movies I PVR'd but feel guilty spending time watching
-Tidy/clean up my livingroom, so I can host a home-sale party in February (I'll talk more about that in a blog post soon)
-Craft-wise:  I'm currently working on a double-knit afghan to replace one I made before that is now dog-damaged beyond repair.  I hope to get it to the half-way mark well before the end of the month.
-I am determined to learn how to do a tubular cast on.  I just haven't been able to wrap my brain around it when I've tried before...

Shorter term goals - I *will* get some pictures ready to share... I promise.  Before too long... for sure by next week.  Too much going on this week and weekend, including a plumbing repair, but things should be settled by next week.

And today - I'm hoping to get some baking done.  Remains to be seen if that happens (I misplaced a recipe I wanted to use).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!