Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Keep forgetting

To take pictures of my paintings.

I'm also finding it difficult to find a few moments to create them.  Yesterday's was one I am sort of disappointed in.... It seemed like a good idea when I conceived of it, but in execution, it turned out - very juvenile...

I have found (or did I say this already? Sometimes I plan a post in my head, then never get it down on paper/typed here) that if I compose the picture strictly with paint and brush, that it tends toward landscape type things.  If I want to create an object, I sketch it first.

Oh, and I've done a couple experiments with using a black ink pen instead of black paint to highlight or add to the painting.... sort of a "mixed media" approach.

I'll take pictures soon... promise.

What I did snap a quick shot of was the sweater I'm working on.
I took this picture last night, just before my knitting session.  Hard to see, I know, because of the poorer evening lighting, and the dark colour of yarn.   So, I did try to lighten it up a bit with editing...
Not sure if it really helped much... but I tried.  You can see in this shot, sort of, if you look close and kind of use your imagination a little (in real life it is there, and maybe in a future shot you can see it better) there is a U shaped seed-stitch filled cable - called "seed stitch wishbone" in the pattern.  I now have two of them - to give an idea how much more I knit last night.  I didn't knit any the night before last - just couldn't get into it for some reason.  But I really made progress last night, getting into the flow of things, getting enough done to read the knit to see where I'm up to, so I spend less time staring at a screen or piece of paper....

Otherwise, not much exciting has been happening.  Hopefully, that will change soon.  And I'll get those painting pictures taken and uploaded soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!