Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Saturday, September 01, 2012

September first!

So.  Today is the day that I start my painting project.  I'm kind of excited :)

I must remember to take pictures!!!  And I need to decide on what to paint for day one.  I thought about starting with flowers.  But my thoughts for some reason are turning to fall colours and leaves.  Some of the trees are reacting to the hot dry weather we've been having and are turning and dropping leaves already.

I'll decide later, when I sit down with paint and paper.

Also, I've gone and started a new knitting project.  There is a Ravelry group for a local yarn store, and they are hosting a KAL for the next month or so - Aidez is the project.  I've selected and purchased the yarn, and I did a swatch last night.  Mine will be made in "Purple Jewel Heather"  I'll take pictures of my progress on this, too.

I know, I know, I have to finish the shawl, and I have to take pictures of the granny squares I'm making for a blanket. But, I'm sure that now that September is here, and I go back to my "nesting", I'll be working a lot on these and other projects.

So - short post, but hopefully a bit more coherent than my last one ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!