Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Blog Fodder

Blog fodder is what I call some random ideas or thoughts or images (not actual pictures, but those things you see in your m ind) or current affairs or conversations or things I've read somewhere... things I feel like commenting on.   :)

So, after the other day, when I posted about spam, I got a comment on yesterday's post.  I'm pretty sure it is spam.  But it sort of makes enough sense, that maybe it isn't.  But if not, then why would the person include a  seemingly unrelated link?  And not sign their name?  It came from that prolific writer, "Anonymous" again.  And finally, if legit, well, the grammar sucks.  Now, I know that I don't always write with proper grammar on my blog.  It is more a stream of consciousness thing - I write what I'm thinking.  But, this comment, well - it resembles one of those badly translated pages... Heck, that may even be what it is.  Yet, it almost made some sense anyway....

Even though I normally would just delete it, and not subject you to the craziness, this time I thought I'd share it. Use it as blog fodder ;)  I've thought about blogging about specific spam messages before (like, how if I'd responded to all those male body enhancement spam messages, that I would have a part that would be several feet long, even though I started out with nothing!!) but never did get around to doing it.  Some of them are actually entertaining (the ones I get via email).  So, anyway, without further ado, here is, copy-pasted, the comment that I got yesterday:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "weekend post - fixed my sink!": 

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to 
be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

So.  What do you all think?  Following the word, "Thanks" was a link that had a url including the words "club" and "entertainment" before the dot-com.  But then, there was a link to the person's profile, containing words like "fanpage" and "blog".... so, maybe the guy/gal is legit?  I don't know... I didn't click on either  link.  But I'll probably watch for future comments.... Oh, and if you are reading this, and are "anonymous"- well, maybe give me a better indication of who you are an what your intentions are.  Especially if you are a real person with a language barrier.  I can only imagine what online translators do to the slang a lot of English speakers use, and I know that spelling issues can totally change a meaning of a phrase... Please and thank you!

Ah, the adventures of blogging...

Off to get my supper started!! :)  (roasting a chicken!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!