Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Messed up...:(

After writing my post yesterday, with my big plans, I recalled I needed to do some errand running - despite having requested that I not have to deal with anything this week.  I was not happy...  And now, today isn't going any better.  Forgot about the interruptions from the dogs due to it being garbage day.  So, I am not getting much of anything done.

I really feel frustrated again.  Or maybe still.  I mean, I know that life can throw you curve balls, and that I need to remember to just roll with the punches, but some days I feel more like a punching bag than others.  I know that any "plans" I make *could* be interrupted by life.  But when I am constantly being interrupted by either other people (I know I can say no, and I often do, but sometimes I must say yes or compromise) or by life situations that I have little or no control over, I tend to get upset... I used to be much more impulsive and flexible.  Guess I'm just getting old and set in my ways...

Actually, I think it is more a case of the morbid realization that I *am* getting older, and there will be less time to do the things I really want to do... Not that I plan on leaving any time soon, and I've known enough people who've died too young, but trying to be somewhat realistic here.

So, besides not having a clean or tidy house, I *have* been working on the shawl, and have discovered that the second pattern has flowed from the first as smoothly and appealingly as I'd originally hoped!!  I even have some ideas for continuing it... Now, if only the next pattern section will work as well :)

TV - not much to report.  DH watched the rest of the Race thing he missed the other night. Then he went to bed, and I watched yesterday's ST Voyager.  Oh, and last week, what with hanging out at the laundromat, I started reading my latest Death's Daughter book.

Well, maybe I can still get *something* done around here... the dishes, the fridge needs a good clean-out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!