Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pink sock one

All but the grafting is done.

I can hardly wait to knit up the second sock and start wearing them.  I'm not sure why, but at first, I was afraid the sock would be too big and end up slouchy.  But it seems to fit just fine.  (Maybe my leg fluctuates?)

I still have a lot to try to knit through before the end of the week, to meet my goals.  I dont' think I managed to learn anything new this month :(

Finger is coming along.  And there just isn't much to watch on TV!  I tried reading a book that I got from the library - couldn't get into it. Just a new series/author I was going to try out.  On some of the forums and/or groups I'm in, people will discuss books and book series they are reading.  Some sound good, so I give them a try.  Sometimes, that is a good thing, and I find a new author to follow.  Other times - just can't seem to get into them.  I'll sometimes give the books a second try in the future, since a lot might depend on my personal mood at the time.  But this is one that I think just doesn't appeal.  Called Dark Spell.

So  - I know, another short post.  Time to get off my butt and do some "blog fodder" research; start looking for ideas to talk about.  I guess I don't have to - I mean, I'm not trying to turn this into a forum or discussion or controversy site.  But it is someplace for me to sort out my feelings and ideas on a topic.  As well as share cute animal stories and share pictures and trials and tribulations of my knitting and crocheting and other crafting.  Yes, that is right, I do other crafts as well.  I quilt.  I needlepoint. I tat.  I do latch hook.  I spin.  I play around making some jewelry.  I sew.  I quill.  I do plastic canvas.  I paint. I draw. I cross stitch.  I do a lot of things - woodwork, carve, sculpt...

I just do some things more than I do others.  And I guess because it's the one I learned first, knitting tends to be the one I do most often and is my first love.  But I also learned latch hook, embroidery and weaving from my mother way back when.

Maybe that is what I can try to do before the end of the  month - learn/practice a new skill in another of my crafts.... (I *have* been planning to get into needlefelting, or practice my spinning..... - read an article about recycling yarn from sweaters in the current Spin-Off, and they mentioned plying two yarns reclaimed from sweaters to make a bulkier and interesting coloured yarn - to me, that sounds like a good way to get in some wheel practice)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 p.m., Anonymous Cindy from Dallas said…

    I think you are using your blog just fine... It is all for you, and we/I just enjoy the little peak into your life.

    You are my kind of woman! I have quite a few hobbies my self, and like you, some get more easily attention then others, but I enjoy all of them. And that is the most important part, isn't it? That is why they are our hobbies after all.

    I must have missed the current issue of Spin-Off. Hmm I might have to try to track it down, because that sounds like a very interesting article, and like you say, a great way to practice...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!