Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Catching up

Ok, first of all, I took some pictures of the hands healing.  Don't recall the dates, and it is a bit of a pain to find that info on the camera.  BUT - I've had the bandaid off the divot now for about 24 hours.  It's really healed nicely - nice enough that I finished knitting those socks last night!!!
Hubby is wearing them right now :)

I took pictures of the hands, like I said.  I know the left hand was pretty much healed in  a couple days -
This is how it looked Saturday - hard to see really.

On Sunday, it was a little more reddish along the "paper cut".

I am pretty sure I showed you these pictures before, but it is nice to see the progress.  Now, there are just remnants of the scabs along the palm, and no real significant indication on the finger.  But, after a couple days of healing, it looked like this:

Not so bad.

Now, the right hand - I shared pictures of it with band aids on.  Now here are some shots of it without any covering.  So, if you are squeamish, you might want to stop scrolling soon....
First - the healing divot: (not bad, but the next picture is icky)

It looks much better now.  I didn't take a picture of it lately, though.  This was taken a few days ago; it still needed to be protected by bandaging.  And this is the one that prevented me from knitting.

Now.  This is the finger that was really sliced badly - the one that made me think that criminals who think it fun to remove their fingerprints by cutting the off are totally insane.  Not that criminal activity is necessarily not crazy behaviour, but certainly maiming oneself calls sanity into question in my mind... Anyway, this one is definitely taking a lot longer to heal, and I still don't know if the skin is going to properly re-adhere or not.  If not, then it will dry out and break or be cut off.  So far, I'm avoiding infection, which is a good thing.  Hopefully, though, this one will hurry up and heal!  Right now (or, last time I looked at it) it mostly looks the same, but with less evidence of bleeding... (I forget how many days ago this picture was - Thursday or Friday.)

Ok... hopefully, you aren't too squeamish...


1 Comments:

  • At 7:30 p.m., Anonymous Cindy from Dallas said…

    Glad to see that your fingers are healing properly. Just give them time, and keep watching out for infection.

    The socks are lovely. I can imagine that your husband is wearing them right now. Though it is much to warm here to wear socks. :(
    Cindy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!