Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

No knitting

And I'm not feeling up to downloading pictures.  I did take them yesterday.  I also found that I couldn't seem to knit last night.  I did two or three rounds on the toe-up, and my hands just didn't want to keep going.  I did one round on the Hermione sock - and broke the needle for the third (and final) time.  I'm going to let those socks sit on the back burner until I find or free up some different needles.  I picked up the mystery socks - did one round, but just didn't feel up to concentrating on the graph. 

I have days like that now and again. I want to do some crafting stuff, but just don't seem to be able to settle in and do anything.  I did consider trying some crochet - that afghan I'm working on.  But, having just finished the baby blanket, I really wasn't sure about that, either.

I've just spent a little better than an hour upstairs in the craft room again.  Came across an older padlock - one I bought when I was going to University.  So, it is over 20 years old.  Needless to say, I can't recall the combination.  I actually came across the lock yesterday, but forgot to see if there was a way to get the combo from the makers.  There is, but it isn't really worth it, in my opinion.  For security reasons, you have to print out a form, fill it in, get it notarized, and provide a photocopy of the serial number (which proves it is not attached to anything, so you aren't trying to steal anything).  I get it, but, then you snail mail all of that, then wait 4 to 6 weeks for them to get back to you.  I figure, in four to six weeks, I can play around with the old permutations and combinations I learned back in high school, and it will give me something to do on those evenings I don't feel like knitting or crocheting.

I'm also getting a bit frustrated with the room - It really did get too full.  And I did haul a bunch of stuff out to the garage in boxes, but with the cold weather returning, I'm not as enthusiastic about doing that much more... Yes, today just happens to be warm and nice and sunny again, but it would still involve a certain amount of bundling up and snow trudging.  So, I'm trying to work around what space I have, and boxing and stacking boxes in the room.  That may or may not end up being a mistake.... But I have to try something.  Have to keep moving forward.

So, after I have a bit of a lunch break, I'm going to go back up, and see what I can get done this afternoon.  I really need to maybe take a couple trash bags up with me, or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!