Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I been tagged, and I'm going to deal with it.

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

Ok, so - (what amazed me, is who tagged me - I read her blog a lot, and never realized she read mine!!!)

Wierd thing number 1: I can do peel and stick labels, putting them on to things, but I can't take any label off of anything. Not jar labels, not price tags, not sticky anything. Makes me feel quesy in my tummy... grosses me out.

Weird thing number 2: When I eat fried eggs, I eat the whites first, then I scoop up the yolk part and swallow it whole. But it must be runny - I don't like solid cooked yolks. But I don't like when they break and leak everywhere - I have to be able to put the whole thing in my mouth, so I can swallow it whole.

Weird thing number 3. I love and own cats, but I'm allergic to them. Really.

Weird thing number 4. I'm not fond of little kids - not into babies at all. But, I trained to become a teacher. Which I enjoy doing. When the kids get to be around ten years old. Then they are human beings.

Weird thing number 5. I talk to my vehicle. I talk to the truck. Tell it that it is a good truck. I pet the dashboard. I treat it more like a pet.... Then again, I treat teh "pets" (dogs and kitties) more like family. Of course, when I was thinking about this one (and trying to come up with the six) I heard on the radio that a large number (can't recall, but it was into the tens of thousands) of people give their vehicles personalities. So maybe it isn't so weird after all. Maybe number five should be that I insist on washing bath towels after each use. Well, I don't want to end up drying my face on the same spot that DH just used to rub all over his butt....

Weird thing number 6. I can't kill anything. Ok, like, I like to go fishing. I can bait a hook, but can't even kill the worm, so I use lures instead. I can catch the fish. I can clean the fish. (and do a darn good job of filleting it, too). I can cook the fish. But, I have to get DH to kill any fish that are caught, while I go for a walk. I can't even be around when he kills it. And, much as I love wild game meat - deer etc. - I doubt I could ever go hunting. I mean, I know how to fire a gun - those targets wouldn't stand a chance with me around. But I don't think I could kill an animal. Eat it, sure, but kill it? Even though I'd love to live on a farm, raise my own food, I'd probably end up becoming a vegetarian, 'cause I wouldnt' be able to kill a pig or a cow.... Mind you, cows *are* rather ugly, and pork *is* my favourite meat, along with chicken....

From the sister - she thinks it is weird that I make everything from scratch, especially the things that are cheaper to buy ready made. She also thinks it is weird that I own a breadmaker, even though I make everything from scratch. Of course, the breadmaker was DH's idea....and a very good friend of mine, who thinks like I do about making from scratch, actually has one that she uses, as well. We let the breadmaker do the first part, the mix and first kneading, then we finish off with another kneading, and bake in the oven. Sort of half and half. And Dear Sister thinks it is weird that I won't dye alpaca (drool) yarn or fibre. I think it is a shame - they come in such gorgeous natural colours. She thinks I'm weird, because I dye things such gorgeous colours. I'm flattered, but I still don't have the heart to dye alpaca (drool)
And finally, she thinks it is weird that she is the older sister, but that I'm a grandma and she's not....especially considering that she *is* into kids....

So. There we have it. Now, I need to tag 6 people....
http://ccspinsandthings.blogspot.com/
http://craftycarole.blogspot.com/
http://cats-n-lace.blogspot.com/
http://creativepopoffs.blogspot.com
http://mimis-knitting-corner.blogspot.com/
http://knittinghomeschoolmom.blogspot.com/

Hm. The rules don't say whether or not I can continue with a post and pictures....
Well, since I still can't upload the snowflakes picture...I'll try again later.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Catlady--
    funny how we never know who's reading. I often look at how people get to my blog and follow links around. and if you've ever commented before i've followed those links.

    i love blogs!
    rita n/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!