Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, January 26, 2007

Ok, I admit it, I've been hiding.....

I got tagged. Which shocked me. Surprised me. Especially as the one who tagged me - I read her blog, and I didn't know she read mine!!!! Anyway, after I got tagged, I had to figure out how to respond.... Then, I have to tag some other people.... I need to compile a list of victi...bloggers to tag, then I'll respond. Actually, it took me a while to make the first list - I needed 6 weird things about me. I was nervous - what if what I think is weird is really normal??? What if what I think is normal, you would all think is weird? So, I made a list.... Then, I asked my sister. Interestingly, she listed a few that I already had written down. Then she gave me some more.... I will, soon - I promise not to hide, do my tag post. But, since I disappeared for so long, between the break around the holidays, then the (over?) thinking of the tag thing, I figure the least I can do is update with some pictures....

First, socks. Well, sock. Well.... Almost sock.

From the six sox knitalong group - Chain Link socks. There were supposed to be seven bands of chains, not four, on the leg. But I left it at four. The yarn is called "Cool Crochet" by Bernat. I love that stuff... you can see in the picture, it is sort of glittery. Probably from the nylon content - it is a blend of cotton and nylon. And it is about fingering, or sock weight yarn. Same yarn I used for the other socks from the six sox group - the ones I started toe up..... I haven't finished those ones, yet, either.... :( I think I'm about socked out for now.... I only work on them for "take along" projects - they don't get knit on much in the evening craft time anymore....

I finished, a while ago, the nature socks....


They look sort of grey, here... the way the colouring worked out, was one round of "oak" brown, one round of "mystery bush" olive, so they blended into a kind of peaceful taupe (my understanding is taupe is greyish brown....) Anyway - DH loves them. Also, for some reason, on the second sock (didn't happen on the first, don't know why at all) there was some "crocking" of the dye - I ended up with brown on my hand after each knitting session. So, to prevent DH from getting brown on his feet, I soaked the socks in vinegar water after I finished them.... Sadly, this caused a little leaching of the colour into the white bands. They don't show up as distinctly anymore, like they did in this picture.....

I have so many pictures to catch up on.... tsk tsk. Ok, next is some snowflakes. Blocking, where you can't see them well because they are white (something different for me - I usually make them in blue or sparkly or something) on a white blocking "sponge" - then layed out on a dark background, to show them off better :)

Ok, it is happening again... my pics aren't loading.....

Rats. I wanted to show the snowflakes. There are 8 of them - the group is snowflakes88. The list mom ( a very nice lady, btw) is posting 8 snowflake patterns a month, for 11 months. That way, we crochet along together (in case anyone has trouble, they can ask the group) and have 88 snowflakes for our tree next year. :) I got all the January ones done.

I also wanted today to show off pictures of some thread coasters I crocheted. I did an exchange in one of the groups I'm in. I made a "Star Flower Coaster" from a pattern on the net to send, and I also finally got around to designing a second in a series of coasters I'm doing.... I need to find my notes from the first one.... I made several of that in the past, gave 'em all away, though....long before I got smart enough to take pictures. But, I did scan the first prototype, and saved it on a floppy disk - but for some reason, didn't label the disk and now I'm not sure where it ended up..... I need to find the notes. Anyway, I made two coasters to send, mailed them, and she got them already, so it would be safe to post a picture. IF I can, that is....

On the left, is StarFlower, on the right is Amethyst.

Now, can I get the snowflakes to load????

Nope.....

Well, let's try.... Nope. Won't let me show you a picture of yarn, either.... I wound three of the ten balls of wool I bought to make a sweater for myself last night.

I have a lot more pictures to share - will likely have to do it later. :( But, I'm going to try one more......

Bear, the Goof!! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your chain link sock (and a half) is/are beautiful! Lovely color combo. And your snowflake is great! Thanks for sharing, Ruth in NJ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!