Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

popping in to say hello...

I haven't got any pictures to share. So I haven't updated.... I don't even know how to reply when someone posts a comment, lol....

The comments are automatically emailed to me, where I tend to read them before coming back here, but I can't reply via email. It's an auto generated response thing. So, I tried by adding my comment after another one.... Don't know if it's been seen yet, I'll ask tonight :)

I did appreciate being sent the sink cat link - I've popped in there before, checking it out after dragging myself away from the kitten war site!!! Hey, anyone know what happened to the "stuff on my cat" site? I went to check out new pictures, and it's gone. Probably some misguided animal saviour complained.....

Now, don't get me wrong - I am totally against any form of cruelty to animals. But I happen to have a sense of humour, and none of the pictures in stuff on my cat was in any way harmful to the kitties - humiliating at times, maybe, but not physically harmful. And any of us cat people have laughed at some embarrassing moment by our kitties- I mean, one day, Ashleigh the Klutz was walking on top of our six foot high bookshelf - just like Mica always does, and she walked right off the edge. A quick check to see she hadn't injured herself, and then some chuckling....

Roxy, the old girl, at 18 yrs... recently fell off our TV box - Ok, the TV and the Digital box are on a desk - height of 3 ft maybe? She had taken to sleeping on the box, as it is a warm place.... She rolled over, and right off the desk. Also, only hurt was her pride - and boy, did I ROTFL at her!!!

Ok, so... Updates: I have two blog buttons the same right now....I tried to add a new one, and the way I do it is, I do a "copy paste" of one I already have (and had help adding) and just change the address for the group, and the code for the picture, over at a flickr account... Well, for some reason, it wasn't pasting the picture properly - well, the pic pasted, but kept saying "unavailable" for some reason, and it totally messed up my page (I still don't know why the top headers are screwy - that happened when I added something or other to the side bar... the counter, I think it was....) Anyway, I figured I'd just leave in the "placeholder" of the copypasted already there link. I'll try to change it later.

I didn't take any new pictures, 'cause really about the only thing I did on the weekend was work on projects in progress, and housework stuff. Sunday was our anniversary (29 yrs!!!) and I thought we'd be going out for supper, but we didn't.

I did finish last night a crochet along project - hm, I wonder if there is a blog button for that group? (I'm in 64 yahoo groups right now, being a multicrafter, though some of those are update announcements, like for knitty.com for when they put out a new issue. Active groups - I guess 60) Anyway, the crochet along project was an afghan stitch dishcloth. I would never have thought of using the afghan stitch for a dishcloth - I would have expected it to end up too thick to use. But, it seems to be all right, and I'll test it this week. Better make sure I take a picture first!!! Today is laundry day, so I will be rotating my dishcloth and towels and stuff today. Before anyone panics - yes, I use my dishcloths for a week at a time. We are talking about me here, I don't exactly do a lot of dishes.... I *should* do them at least once a day, but some days, I don't do them at all.... So.... The dishcloths in my kitchen get used at most for 7 loads of dishes. And, if they are particulary yucky, or if I grab a dishcloth to wipe up a spill, they *will* get changed more often. I'm not that bad - pack rat: yes, clutterbug: yes, untidy: yes, organized mess: yes, dirt - NO!!!! NO NO NO NO NO. It may be a mess, but it's a clean mess.

Anyway, I'll try to get a picture of the cloth before I use it.... And, like I said, today is laundry day, my most hated chore. Well, second most - I hate doing dishes the most. And, ( I think I've said it before) it isn't the washing or the drying or the folding etc. that bothers me, just the sorting of the clean clothes. I hate sorting clothes. Don't know why - I know why I hate dishes, but not why I hate laundry.

Oh, and today is the first Wednesday of the month, so I get to go to the knitting group tonight!!! Hope the weather allows it.... "they" are predicting a snow storm, 5 to 10 cms... 2.5 cms is 1 inch, so two to four inches of snow.... Snow doesn't scare me, but we do have one out of town member... Hope she can still make it.... I like her.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!