Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Picture progress

Ok, thought I'd update some pictures....
Plugging away at Pi.... Am trying to work a couple or three repeats of the border each day. Any more than that, and I get bored with it...

Lots of people ask about the yarn I use - this one is a 100% wool from Ram Wools (www.ramwools.com) called "Selkirk". It started out life as white or off white, then got bathed in some strawberry flavoured drink powder, sprinkled with some cherry flavoured drink powder, and then knitted up :)

OK, next I'm going to try to add a pic of the kittens in a row... Now, I just want to say, that I'm also adding to my "in progress" album at my yahoo picture album site - link over there ----> Because there are some glitches happening here....


Now for two doilies - one that I *should* be doing obsessively, and one that is a UFO 'cause it should have been done a month ago....:( The blue one is "between meals doily" and the beige is kitty doily.... (and no comments about the loose bits of dog fur on the carpet - vacuuming is an adventure in this house, where no animal is afraid of the vacuum....)


Ok, progress pics of the MS3:

People ask about this yarn, too. It's called Scheepje's Invicta, and I think it is supposed to be a sock yarn (75% wool, 25% nylon) but I'm loving it for lace. I'm also doing lots of drink mix dyeing of it, too.... :) BUT - the place that I always bought it is closing down. So, I don't know where I'll be able to buy it locally anymore :(

Dishcloth - I haven't been keeping up with knitting on it, 'cause I wanted to take a picture of each day's progress... so, they are somewhere a few days up, and I've only knitted to end of day four.... Besides, I'm also knitting up a couple dishcloths for a gift - a friend's daughter is moving into her first ever apartment at the end of the month, so I am going to crochet some towel toppers, and I'm knitting dishcloths, and I've also crocheted a scrubby. So, here is the group dishcloth, and the gift-in-progress....


Ok, blogger is starting to act up, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead... BUT - if you want to see the second shot of that pile of "gift" stuff, and a close up of the dishcloth in there - I did upload to the inprogress photo album. I also added a picture to the knitting album over there - I often tell people about an afghan I knitted from Bernat Handicrafter cotton. I just finally took a picture today, and loaded it over there. :) I normally don't like any one of those colours, but for some reason, that combination appealed to me, and I thought it would be cool to paint the interior of the porch on the front of the house in those colours - peach walls, dark brown floor/door (the door is a brown aluminum door already) and sage green window trim. We like to sit out in the porch during the spring/summer/fall evenings. Sometimes, a little extra warmth on bare legs or bare feet is in order - hence the cotton afghan. :)

So, now I can get back to knitting the blue dishcloth, and see how much progress I can make on shawls, gifts, and doilies :) Maybe those two doilies can be my UFO projects for April....

1 Comments:

  • At 6:49 p.m., Blogger Katie said…

    Beautiful shawl--I'm impressed! The sheer idea of that many stitches... =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!