Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Countdown to Christmas.....

Supposed to be my favourite time of year. Along with the cat holiday, of course :)

But this year, seems like more than any other, I'm not happy..... Feeling very stressed. First, there is the "gift grab" thing.... We've got a fourth grand kid, but still the same old tight budget.... need to stretch things further than ever.

The house isn't clean enough for my liking - and I only have myself to blame. And I'm real good at beating up on myself. Had a lot of practice, lol. That's a wry lol, by the way....

Don't have a clue what to get DH. Nada. Nothing. nil. But, need to buy whatever it might be today - last chance really to go shopping without him along. Sometime this week, we gotta do the kid shopping together - and that, besides the budget issue, is just as hard to figure what we want to get.... No clue there, either.

I didn't finish the cat afghan design before Christmas, either. I haven't even picked it up for a while.... I did finally wind some black yarn into a smaller ball, so I can work from more than one end of yarn, but that was as far as I got.

And, speaking of no idea on presents, I can't think of a thing I want for Christmas, either. I keep thinking of stuff like I could use some new jeans, or shorts, but those are things I need to be there for to try on etc. Or, I think about how we need new pillows and sheets for the bed, but DH keeps saying those are house things that I should buy when I shop, they're not gifts just for me. I thought about a new electric fry pan - but I've lived without one for so long, that I don't really miss it, and besides, if I got one, where the heck would I keep it???? We need a new printer, but that's again a "we" thing - and since we've already planned on getting a digital camera after Christmas when they should be on sale, we'll likely pick up a printer then. We would want something capable of printing photos if we want, but mostly we'll burn pictures onto a cd.

So..... today isn't a great day for me. This week isn't a great week for me.

Then there is the realization that I'm somewhat addicted to the computer... somewhat, 'cause I can leave it alone, and when we're away, I don't miss it.... But when I'm home, and it's sitting there in front of me, I tend to turn it on, check the email.... follow the links.... etc. So, it's a great time waster. One of the reasons I resisted starting a blog.....

This week, I'll try to update as much as possible, since I don't know what will happen time wise next week. And then, on the 31st, we're leaving for 2 whole weeks in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!!!!

I won't be updating for sure in the first couple weeks of January :)

Anyway, this weekend I knocked another project off the list. And got around to blocking it and the motif doily I finished last week. I also updated my photo album - link on the right hand side somewhere....

So, I'll go ahead and post a couple pics here, but you should check out the whole album. I know that some of the pics have been posted here, but still.... sometimes I just post a quicky here, but a couple different views in the album.....











I've also been knitting - did some more edging on the ms2. Started my Charlotte's web, did some rounds on a few socks. The December sock in the 6 socks knit along group (link button on the right somewhere) has a really neat lace cuff pattern!!! I think I'll use that on some other socks in the future :) I did a bit more on the sampler square for the sampler afghan. I'm not sure I like this slipping stitches for two colour knitting. I like intarsia much better.... BUT, in fairness, since I believe in the "don't knock it till you try it" school of thought, I must get through this section of sampler squares anyway, then I never have to do it again....

What else..... Well, can't think of anything more to add today.... will try, like I said, to post more this week, 'cause it could be three or more weeks till I post again.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!