Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Well, I promised...

That I would give you a wip list. I'm a little behind.... I wanted to post about the weekend first, but I know that now that I'm in the webring of knitting kitties, that I better make sure I post regular and crafty :)

As well as talking about the spoiled kitties, who are fighting for prime spot at the moment between me and the keyboard.....

Ok, bowing to DH's hints, and the fact that I need to move some stuff around again anyway....
I packed up the projects that technically weren't started yet - meaning lots of balls of sock yarn, and some other odds and ends, lol - and moved them to the craft room. I also took their "names" off the Wip List...

So. What is left? 40 things.... YUP!! 40.

I finished, btw, the shawl that I was making for a gift. Pics, you ask? Ok...
Now, in all fairness, this doesn't show the colour well... It's kind of denim-y blue.... If you look at the right hand side at the bottom edge, that is the closest to the colour part :)


Ok, now for the 40... :) I'm listing them in the order I happened to write them on paper, and I'll mark with K for knitted projects, C for crochet, Q for quilted, and anything else, I'm sure will work out....

1. Homespun Diamond Shawl (Lionbrand free pattern) K
2. Heart illusion scarf K
3. Granny square afghan C
4.Little woven amulet? small bag thing.
5. Felted hat kit K.
6. Untangle yarn.... Ok, this is a ball of cool designer yarn, that came in a hank, and I didn't have a swift, but did have a ball winder and a young kitty.... the yarn is a few yards of slubby yarn, ribbon yarn, ladder yarn, eyelash yarn, sparkly yarn, two stranded yarn, etc. all tied together, then reversed.... Well, I am almost done untangling it.... Just a few more sections to go....
7. Wrist Warmers K
8. Citrus sunrise socks K, and I have one done....
9. Lorna's Laces yarn socks K
10. Calico Cat K from Lionbrand in Fun Fur
11. Popcorn Socks K neat pattern offered free at Townsend socks knit along Yahoo group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TownsendSocksKnitALong
12. Beaded wrap thing.... Inspired by someone else's creation, I wanted to experiment with some bead knitting.... I strung a bunch of pony beads onto some worsted weight yarn, in a pattern, and then started knitting row after row of garter stitch, knitting in beads.... Am having trouble with sizing.... not knitting with beads, but figuring out how many stitches to cast on with... I keep ending up with what seems to be a great scarf length, instead of wrap length...
13. Adam's Cat K stuffed cat pattern from web - purchased pattern, though it was a gift to me :)
14. Sampler Afghan K from Barbara Walker's book - Learn to Knit Afghan Book. Even though I know how to knit, I also know it never hurts to learn more :)
15. Crochet Book Cover... C ... From the crochetalong group, a project that was picked back in the spring, but I just can't seem to finish it....
16. Xmas Quilt - this one will be a long project. It's the Twelve Days of Christmas in applique. I dont' have a lot of scraps to work from, but figure I can be working on making the templates, cutting the background, using some of the scraps I *do* have.... And I believe the pattern is available for purchase from www.quiltmaker.com if I'm not mistaken - It was a project that they gave parts over several months in the magazine....
17. Blue Triangle Quilt - again from Quiltmaker magazine.
18. Beatrix Potter Quilt. I bought some fabric that had motifs on it that remind me of all the Beatrix Potter stories. I plan to fussy cut the motifs, and make a quilt for Nikoal. I thought I'd settled on a good pattern, then someone else directed me to another - so now I'm back to trying to decide...
19. Teddy Bears with balloons Quilt. I started this one ages ago, trying to make it for Nikolis, for his third birthday. Appliqued bears and balloons, and I'm done that, but now have to sew on the bordersand quilt it. This coming Friday is his fifth birthday.....
2o. Brown "Martha" poncho C.... I made myself the famous "Martha Stewart" poncho in Homespun and pattern from Lionbrand, and DH said it seemed short - I love it, because then I don't have a wad of fabric in my lap when I'm driving, and my arms are covered enough to be warm, but not in the way when I drive.... I love it. Simple. But - decided I love it so much, that I bought more Homespun in a different colour, and am going to make a second one longer.

STill with me? :)

21. Another poncho, for my sister, but I have to make mine first so she can decide if she wants the "original" short version, or the long... She doesn't crochet (yet)
22. Chenille Shawl - C. Using chenille yarn, again for Dear Sister, and the pattern for "Blue Jean Shawl" on the net.
23. Cat face Latch hook. UFO - want to get it done and hung up.
24. Charlotte's Web Shawl. K.
25. Frost Flowers and Lace shawl. K from Gathering of Lace book.
26. Branching out Scarf, from Knitty.com (do I have to say K?)
27. Baby Poncho C. for Nikoal. It's sized for 12 to 18 months, which is likely a good thing.... lol.
28. Mystery shawl #2. I'm knitting on the edging, clue 5, and I'm almost halfway there....
29. Alpaca (droooolllll) scarf... From post last week, for DH :)
30. Cat Lace Pillow K. Also from G of L book...(see 25)
31. I'm going to make a potholder, in double knitting, using the moose cloth from the knitting nonesense dishcloth site :)
32. Heart Illusion socks. K. From the 6 socks knitalong group - button on side :) My Turquoise Kroy sock yarn that didn't want to be a Pacific Northwest Shawl (Fibre Trends pattern) or the gift shawl has agreed to be these socks. Along with some pink....
33. Rhodonite Socks That Rock yarn socks. K. finished one, working on the second cuff.
34. Dirt STR socks K for DH. Rounded the short row heel, working on the foot of sock one.
35. Turkish Toe Up Socks K. Pattern from Lynn H. www.colorjoy.com

Almost there... :)

36. Dahlia Doily - C. From a past Doily crochet along - I was in my crochet slump, and never got this started before.
37. Motif Doily - C. Called "blue and white" doily, I'm making it red and pink. All pink centers are done, need to do joining round in red, then it's finished. Start of crochet slump, lol...
38. Foursquare Doily. C. Another "along" project....
39. Ice Blue Crystal Doily C. Current doily along project, should do that one first :)

And finally....

40. Crocheted Christmas Tree.... Some grand plan of mine, to crochet yarn shells in a long line, and attach them to a styrofoam cone base, since the kitties won't let us have any other tree....

Phew!!! And you should have seen all the stuff I took up to the craft room....

OH!!! I forgot!!!! Also taking up space in the living room is my spinning stash - lots of roving, and some drop spindles!!! Kept handy, so I can practice spinning either with the spindle, or on the wheel.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!