Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, November 18, 2005

some pictures :) of FO's :)

Well, I think I mentioned before, that on the EzasPi list, there was a shetland lace workshop. There was a contest. I wanted to enter - I made a "sampler scarf" - there were patterns/directions to make five scarves - instead, I did several rows of each pattern, started at the bottoms of the scarve edges, and grafted them together in the middle. I only last Christmas time-ish finally figured out how to graft knitting, or "kitchener" stitch toes of socks together. And, I am rather proud of myself for grafting the scarf so well :)

The item I wanted to do for the contest is a mini hap shawl. I finished it with a week to spare. I took some pictures of it, and the scarf, and another scarf I'd knitted using LionBrand Midnight Mohair (funny, they say that one ball and certain size needles would make a scarf - I used that size needle, and a lace pattern instead of basic garter, and have a very short scarf.....). I went to download the pics from the camera - it said "no pics in camera". I tried to turn the camera on... wouldn't work.... DH claimed I had the batteries in wrong (then how come it worked before that moment? I'd changed the batteries about two weeks prior....) Anyway, he played around for a while, shook the thing for a while, then it started to work again. By then, it was getting darkish...

Ok, this is not anything fancy we're talking about - I'd invested in a mini digital camera from WalMart when I was in Illinois last March.... under $20 US....

Anyway, the camera works now, but I need good light for taking pictures. All last week, the one nice sunny day, I was busy with too many other things to be able to do anything about it... *sigh*. So, I missed the contest deadline anyway. I was in no real hurry to retake the pics, but did so today.

So, without further ado... Here are pictures of the two scarves, and Lady Ashleigh's mini hap shawl....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!