Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Priorities....

It is here... it is in my hot little hands....
Ok, so I really meant to post this yesterday, but I was kind of busy.... :D

I got the Harry Potter book from the library. I was number 20 on the list - I have no idea how many are on the list right now - but the library got in 140 copies.... I figured that I would have it in my hot little hands by yesterday, which worked out just fine, since we were at the cabin until late on Monday. So, the soonest I could have got it no matter what was yesterday. I've actually managed to avoid any spoilers!!! And I've now read the first 150 pages....

Oh, and I also picked up an EZ book.... Knitting without tears, I think....

Which of course, brings me to the title, "priorities" - - - - for the next few days, I won't be doing much besides reading!! I am capable of reading quickly, but I'd rather savour the read. But since this *is* a library book, I do need to get it read and returned.... So, I'm reading at about medium speed, and at every available moment. :)

In the meantime, though -the mystery stole is knitted to halfway up clue three. I'm a little behind, but since there are two weeks for clue four (Melanie has her priorities right, too, lol - giving us time to read Harry as well as knit) I dont' see a problem catching up. So, no pictures of it. I finished sock one (FINALLY) of the pair that I'm doing for DH, the basket weave socks. Now, on to sock two and writing up the pattern... I know, I have a few patterns in note stage, but like I keep saying, I'm not much of a typist, so it is taking forever to type them up to share....


And I got quite far, once I got over the cast on, for the Nagini sock. It took me several tries to get the figure 8 cast on done - in fact, I finally gave up, and did a slightly different cast on. I was finding the figure 8 was too loose and open for my liking - so I changed it. That killed a good couple hours of knitting time - but the pattern works up quickly. This is how far I got, knitting by the pool for part of it, even.....
We've been experiencing a bit of a heat wave - heat I love.... but the humidity is high, too, and that gets to me, I must admit.... So, this weekend, I actually ended up spending quite a bit of time in the pool.... and it is hard to knit while in the pool. But for one session, instead of swimming, I sat on the side and knitted. I was more tired than hot at that time.... Swimming is hard work for someone who is not used to much exercise.
Anyway - gotta go get my emails checked out, so I can get off here and get back to reading. DH knows that between the heat and the book, that not much else will be happening around here for a few days, lol....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!