Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Where I'm at....

Well, I've actually fallen out of love with a project.

I started out enthusiastic enough. The whole idea was a good one. The problem isn't with the pattern(s). The problem is with me.... I know, because I gave it a time out, and it still doesn't want to be knitted.

I'm referring, sadly, to the bugs in the pi shawl. It is a "mystery" type shawl, in that there are clues for each section put up at intervals, and there are several choices for each section, and everyone picks a different combination of choices, making each shawl a unique "mystery" until it is done. I do want to *have* a buggy shawl, one day, but now is not the time for it. So, I'll continue to collect clues, and maybe give the shawl a few months or years for a time out.

Now, though - do I cut the yarn, saving what I've knit so far? Do I frog? Hmmm.....

So, instead, I've been working on the Victorian Lace socks from the six sox group. And I've been working on the granny squares for me afghan. I have...uh, just a sec while I count... I have fourteen squares completed ready to join, and I have 16 squares waiting for the white rounds to be added. I haven't woven in ends on all of those squares yet - 6 completed have all ends woven, and I still need to weave ends in eight or so squares before adding the white. I hate weaving in ends....

I also completed (or did I already mention it?) the egg socks. I just need to finish typing up the directions. I am not a typist, as I've mentioned here many times (which is why I dont' post more often - takes too long, especially those posts where I ramble a little!)

I still haven't figured out what I did wrong to end up with my sidebar things on the bottom. I might try something, though....

Uh... Suddenly, my mind went blank.... I know I wanted to say more.

Oh, well...maybe I'll post again later, or tomorrow morning.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!