Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, July 06, 2007

Picture sharing, no pig report yet....

Ok, about the title... I haven't had a chance to resize all the pictures that I took.... There are mostly pictures of people. I'm always concerned about anonymity - especially on the net - especially with the chances of electronic identity theft and such. However - I figure, if I don't identify who is in all the pictures, or too much about location - heck, I don't even use my real name on the blog anywhere....


Anyway - I don't have pictures of the pig roast we had ready to post yet, so I am not posting them. But I did manage to find time (Make time, really - need it for my sanity) to do some crafting. I made a cute little elephant as a gift for a friend -




And I worked on the Victorian Lace sock:



And I took a picture of something that I made last year - in fact, it was the second of them that I ever made. I made the "Martha" poncho - the Coming Home pattern. The first one I made I used LionBrand Homespun in the Corinthian colourway. I liked the colours in the skein, but not once they were worked up. I ended up giving away that poncho to someone who loved the colours. Then, I made myself a new on last year. I forget the colour name, and I ended up running out, and it turned out to be a discontinued colour, so the last rounds and neck needed to be finished in another colour. I like it anyway :) Oh, and I didn't ever get around to taking picture of the first one, either....



I'm working on the Mystery Stole #3, too... remember my swatch pics? (I *think* I posted them here...) Anyway, clue one was out last Friday, and today is the last day for signing up to join. Clue two comes out today, too....


So, here's clue one, and a close up of the center beaded section.










I guess it has been a while since I posted any pictures of Mica, too.... I don't have any ready to go right now, so I better try taking a picture of her!!! Will try to include that in my posts for next week, when I have resized the pig pics and write about the party. It really was a fun time - way too short, though. Good mix of friends and family - everyone got along. Lots of food, enjoyed by all. End of the evening - one of the guests brought fireworks - not too many people were left, but the grand kids were still there, and they enjoyed the show....
So - that's it for now - will post more detail and pictures next week :)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think your friend is a lucky girl to receive such an adorable little elephant. I'll bet she's just gonna' love it!
    WPGGAL

     
  • At 2:00 p.m., Blogger Catlady said…

    ROTFLMAOAPIMP!!!!!

     
  • At 2:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What?

     
  • At 11:43 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    i love the stole...how pretty.

    (rolling on the floor laughing my ass off and peeing in my pants!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!