Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, July 20, 2007

Updates on lace and sockies....



Ok... I know I've posted the swatch picture before, but I'm doing it again. See, I was at Ram Wools this morning, picking up some more sock yarn, and mentioned that I like to use Briggs & Little Durasport for making lace shawls. And, since I still haven't posted a picture of my knitting so far on the Mystery Stole 3, I figure I should :)

I have not yet done clue number three.... but others have, so I know what it should look like. :) It continues the sort of honeycomb thing that is started in this clue...

I did the swatch pictures again, because of course, my stole isn't blocked, but the swatch is. I have to take the swatch and the stole back into the store next time I go. Or, make a special trip - which I don't mind doing. I'm sure, though, that I'll need even more sock yarn before too long!!
Relevant links: http://www.ramwools.com/ - I've posted this one many times before - just the greatest store... well, OK, honestly, I haven't had much chance to visit too many others to compare, but I do love Ram.... :) No, I'm not kissing up.... I really do like the people there - friendly, helpful.

Also, I have more lace pictures in my photo album. Until I get my sidebar straightened out, though, I'm going to put a link in here: http://picasaweb.google.com/catsrme

Ok...Now for the sockie update. Of course, I finished my Six Sox Socks - Victorian Lace.

I'm working on the basket weave socks for DH - most recently taken picture is in my photo album link - that I just shared above, the picasa thing - in the UFO album. I knit about 10 or 12 rows on it last night. So, it really doesn't look a lot different than the picture! Hopefully, I will get something done on it this weekend or so....
BUT - I'm so wired waiting for Harry Potter.... I have to wait for the library book. So, of course, this morning, I had to go and find, while wandering the net, three patterns. They are all from the Socktopia website, which I never heard of until today. One is called, Bellatrix, one Nagini, and one is Fawkes. Which of course, is why I had to head to Ram. I mean, I've been meaning to get around to going, and buying some Sisu yarn to make the Potter inspired "Dobby" Christmas socks... I had been working on a design in my head, but someone beat me to it for posting a free pattern on the net. And, I figured, it was time to get some yarn for the next Six Sox pattern, due to start August first. Guess what I forgot to buy??? Anyway, I also thought, that ever since I knit those brown socks for DH out of that Fabel(? I think, doing from memory, 'cause I don't want to go look in the bag at the label again...but I'll be sure to correct myself later....) I've been wanting to buy some for me... So, I thought I'd go and see if they had any colours that just said Bellatrix or Fawkes to me....They did. :) Why not Nagini? Well, remember a few posts back, I mentioned winning the draw on Six Sox group? And I got that lovely green Trekking? I have it, needles, and pattern all packed ready to go for the weekend!!! Along with the stuff for making the stole. Well, I need *something* to keep my mind off Harry for the weekend!!!

One of these days, I'm going to say, "no more project starts until I get the UFO list under control" and mean it!! ;)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:47 p.m., Blogger Kat said…

    Ah, the UFO list.... Why does mine keep getting even longer??? LOL!

    The Victorian Lace Socks look fabulous!! I need to finish mine up. Thanks for sharing yours!

    Your MS3 looks awesome, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!