Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, February 16, 2007

Snowflakes....

A few people have commented about those snowflakes that I did... :) I appreciate all the compliments.... Also, people are asking where I got the patterns - so.... here is how I got them:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/snowflakes88

This year, the list mom decided to post 8 patterns a month, for 11 months.... then, if we all keep up, we will have 88 snowflakes by the end of November. I thought that was a cool idea - it is a crochet along, so I know I have encouragement if I need it; 8 snowflakes is easy enough to do at a time - there are usually four weeks to a month, so 2 a week, they are small, fairly easy, quick, portable - very doable; and 88 is a LOT of snowflakes, so, if for some reason I choose to opt out for a month or so, I'll still have a lot of flakes for my tree :)

I have a question for some of you reading this, who are more experienced bloggers... When one of you posts a comment, and asks a question, if I answer it in the comments section, do you get notified? Or should I keep answering in totally new posts like this?

Well, DH is home today and Monday, since it is his BD tomorrow (and he has six weeks of holiday time a year, plus two weeks of holiday time leftover from last year!) so I'm going to be limited on my 'puter time.... So, I'll leave you all with the picture that I couldn't load the other day - - - -

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 p.m., Blogger Kat said…

    You are a bad influence on me! I really didn't need to join another group, really. Somehow I clicked on that link and just signed myself right up.

    Thanks for sharing where you got those gorgeous snowflakes, and I'm sure you'll see me on that list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!