Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Giving Thanks.....

This weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Which means, we will be going away to close up the cabin for the winter.... and celebrating with a turkey dinner with friends who are almost like family. The family who I made the doggy sweater for. The family that I'm working on the paw mittens for. The family who are like our own family.

Anyway.... Besides that, I should also mention - I'm saying good-bye (or, Never Say[ing] Goodbye) to another very special friend of mine today.

I thought this was going to happen a year ago. But, it didn't. Why does this fit into Thanksgiving? Well, because, I am grateful that I was able to give her another year. I've given her all the love and kindness that I can. She's returned the love to me - in countless ways. The last thing I can give her is dignity - my Precious Princess Roxy is going to go to the Rainbow Bridge at 9 this morning. She is a fighter, it's true - I'll write much more about her next week when I get back - but it is time to let her rest now. She is still not in pain yet - but is becoming very feeble. It is difficult for her to get around - she no longer goes up the stairs to the bedroom, nor down to the basement. The cat feeding station is up high, out of the dogs' reach, and I needed to create a "step" area of boxes so she can get to the food.

I am not waiting until she is in pain, or injures herself in a fall/failed leap.

I am letting her go now, with her dignity intact.

Roxy - may you find peace, and regained strength and youth at the Rainbow Bridge. I'll see you later......

This picture was taken a year ago - Sept. 27, 2005 - I will take one of her today, before we leave. She is now 18 and a half years old.... a good age. I *will* write some more about her next week. It will help me in the healing/grieving process.....

1 Comments:

  • At 4:44 p.m., Blogger Claudia said…

    Well, I don't know you or Princess Roxy, but I'm crying uncontrollably right now. She'll be playing with my Pickles at the Rainbow Bridge, frolicking and chasing butterflies, so I guess it's all good. But my gosh, how we miss them.

    I do give thanks every year for Pickles having come into my life. He was truly the love of my life and he changed me forever. May happy memories of this Princess be with you forever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!