Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Quick share :)

Ok...Off for a long weekend of relaxation here.... I'm supposed to be getting ready right now!!

Anyway, wanted to check in, make sure everyone knows I'm still alive, if busy as a beaver....

Finished a "UFO" this week. Well, last weekend - and it was one of those ones that fits MY definition of UFO. I bought the yarn for it over a year ago, had pattern yarn and hook together in a tote bag.... Then did not much besides move it from place to place.... Anyway, on the weekend, I started it...finished it in a few days - which I expected to do. BUT ran out of yarn - had to wait till I could get to the store, only to find out the yarn was discontinued....had to finish it with a co-ordinating yarn. Haven't taken picture yet....

What is it? Well, it's a second "Coming Home Poncho" from Lionbrand, crocheted in Homespun yarn.

My first one was made using three balls of Homespun - less than the four called for. I was going to make the second one longer, and figured four balls was more than enough.... *sigh*. I knew I wasn't going to make it longer.... But I was very surprised to run out.... Lionbrand is very good. I notified them, and they offered to send me more yarn as an "apology", but I respectfully declined...after all, the colour was discontinued, and I *did* have a completed poncho....

Will take pics later.

In the meantime - pics of my newest acquisition - my new "baby"












Beautiful, isn't she? We're going to keep her on display in the living room, and we've actually called her "Betsy". Yeah, but no Ross.... Anyway, I know she isnt' a Singer, but she is definitely vintage, and a Singer Clone. Apparently, there were a lot of these Clones made in the 1940's.... Anyway....

I should also mention, that I finally found two projects that have been started, then moved and lost, now found.... I joined the "Amazing Lace" and committed to finishing my Charlotte's Web shawl, and my Frost Flowers and Leaves. Both started ages ago, FF&L has been frogged a few times, and Charlotte needs to be.... But, now that I found them, I can do something with them!!

Ok, gotta run....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!