Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Double post.....

Yesterday, I had difficulty posting. First, my ISP was acting up.... Second, Blogger's ISP or whatever was acting up..... Earlier this week, my whole 'puter acted up.....

So, hopefully, we're back to what passes for normal. There really *is* no such thing as "normal".

BUT - at least I don't have to retype EVERYTHING.... I was smart enough to save what I had typed yesterday on a notepad thingy :)

So, under the heading of "Projects Update" - I had written:

I'll do the tribute to Roxy tomorrow.... Had some 'puter problems yesterday, and couldn't edit some pictures, and I have a busy day ahead of me today, so I didn't have a lot of time to do them this morning. I did, though, since there weren't too many, edit a few other pics :)
I had fun, making those challenge projects. I wanted them done by the time Thanksgiving weekend was over, because that is the last weekend of the season/year that we head out to the cabin, and the person/people the items were for live out there....
Ok, so - what to say first, so that this makes some sense? Dinner was delicious. Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, baked yam, corn, spaghetti squash, cabbage rolls, perogies, home-made cranberry sauce, salad - think that covers it.... Dessert: banana cream pie and sweet potato pie.
I tasted a little of everything!!!
Now, the projects: First, I got a picture sent to me of the doggy wearing the sweater I made :) I forgot to take a picture of it before it left....



Interestingly, the dog's name is "Roxy", too.... :) Ok, so - legwarmers to match:


Yeah, I know.... same thing, different lighting effects. We're finally getting the hang of our camera, lol.... Trying different settings, all that.


So, on that note, I also did a couple pictures of the front of the paw print mittens. My friend had asked me if I could make the mittens, for her daughter, who requested a pair of mittens with paw prints on the palm. She told me that even if all I could do was make the mittens, she could try sewing something onto them.... Of course, I couldn't resist the challenge. Now, there is a dishcloth pattern over at the "knittingknonsense" site, that has a paw print on it. However, since I wasn't sure what the stitch count would work out to, and since I'd still have to go through that pattern to graph it out for myself, I figured, I'd just make my own graph up. So, I did. Of course, I will need to refine that graph, should I ever decide to make another pair of paw print mittens. But if I did, then L. wouldn't have custom made, unique mittens from her idea anymore...... Oh, and it was so neat, when I took the first one to her to make sure it would fit and she'd be happy with it - Her face lit up, she thanked me profusely, proclaimed the mittens (even though there was only one) the coolest, the best - and she gave me a huge hug!!!! So, of course, I had to make sure I did the second one as quickly as possible... :) The hardest part was remembering to make the second one for the left hand, lol....

~~~~~~~~~~

Aw, shoot..... Yesterday, it was the 'puter. Today, it is the ISP.... I can't get any of my email, and now I can't even get the photo uploading tool to work..... Ok, mitten pics tomorrow, along with some of Rox....
Now, I see this below my post.....
"Could not connect to Blogger.com. Saving and publishing may fail. Test connection now. "

Don't know what is going on...... Will try to save this one - I can open other websites, so I dont' know what the heck is happening here.....

~~~~~~~~~~

So, this is where I'd gotten to.... Now, I shall try to upload the pictures of the mittens. Which, btw, I didn't take pictures of the inside, to show how I stranded, nor did I take pictures of the pair. But, I did take a pic of the right hand mitt, both front and back, and different setting on the camera, and one showed detail a little better than the other....

Ok, from there, I was going to show some pictures I took, experimenting with those different settings on the camera. We were treated to a full moon, and some interesting clouds, for the weekend :) Sadly, though, the pictures didn't *all* turn out great.... But still.....

Ok. So.... That was where I was going to leave it yesterday, then I was going to post some pictures today of Roxy. My kitty - RIP.

I guess I would have titled this post something like, Roxy, 1988 - 2006 RIP or some such.....


Roxy became a member of our family in early June (either the 6th or the 8th) of 1988. She came in hissing and spitting, and generally causing trouble. The other kitty we had at the time, Lobo, was only about two months older than her. And he let her bully him. After a couple of days, though, the two of them became best of friends, inseperable. That was about the only other animal she ever liked..... We had various kitties over time - most she bullied. There was even one time, where we used to live, there was this dog. A German Sheppard. It was walking along the sidewalk in front of the house, and Rox was sitting on the top of our stairs/landing thing at the front door. The dog saw her, and actually crossed the street to pass by our house. Roxy didn't like dogs much. A couple houses away, the neighbours once had puppies.... They were kept in a dog run outside. (well cared for - it was nice weather, there was a dog house, etc.) Anyway, once in a while, the mummy dog would get to go into the house for a snack and a bit of a break from the pups. Well, every so often, we'd hear the pups crying, then the house door open, the mom dog bark, and see our Roxy come flying through the bushes home....

She loved to harass the puppies.....

But, I got her back for that one. Spud was one of those pups.....

Anyway, it is worth noting, that Lobo was a grey kitty.

Byt the time we got Bear, Roxy had mellowed somewhat. She seemed to put up with Bear much more than any other dog, or any other animal, for that matter. (I've got tons more stories about Roxy's interractions with other kitties, but not enough time to share them all right now). When we got Mica, it was just about the same time that our other kitty, Bone, became suddenly ill and dies.... Anyway, when we got Mica, she was such a little sweetie - packin' cute, and she knew/still knows how to use it. One time, Roxy was sleeping on a chair, and Mica jumped up there, curled up with Roxy, and went to sleep. Rox woke up, sorta, looked at the ball of fur beside her with an attitude of "what the????" then went back to sleep. When she woke up later, more fully, she freaked!!! Hissing, spitting, and took off. Didn't phase Mica much....lol.....

Sadly, though, Roxy began losing her hearing. She needed to worry and look over her shoulder all the time, in case she was about to be "run over" by a clutzy dog, or ambushed by a sweet playful kitten. We thought it best that we let her go..... DH figured that Mica couldn't be an "only kitty", so enter - Ashleigh. A sweet, little, lady-like grey kitten.

Roxy decided that Ashleigh was an OK kitty. She never really hissed at Ashleigh. Never ever swatted her. No fighting. No bullying.

And, in the meantime, Mica now had a playmate. They became inseparable, after a few initial hisses...

Roxy was left alone to adjust to her hearing loss. We cancelled the appointment at the vet.

Well, it is now a year later, and Roxy's health has slowly gone downhill. She wasn't really in any pain, but she was in some discomfort at times. With having two dogs, the cat feeding station has to be up highish.... Well, Roxy was having difficulty jumping up there some days. I/we felt it best to let her go out on a high note, rather than risk her missing a jump one day, and injuring herself or breaking a bone.... She was already wobbling a little when she walked....

So.... We made the decision and the appointment again.

Roxy..... Rest In Peace.

Heree are some "before and after" pictures - I took some of her Friday morning, before we left, and of her grave site, where we can visit her, and Bone.













DH said he's going to get some paint next year, and do up their headstones. Bone was only nine when he went.... Roxy made it to 18 and a half.... April, 1988 to October, 2006.

Here's the two graves.... Bone's isn't really smaller, we just didn't find as many rocks..... We'll be redoing his in the spring.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!