Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Monday, January 14, 2013

So I'm nearly finished an instant gratification project

Besides being a quick to knit item (small, all garter stitch) it is also something I need.  I have a scarf, that was a lace sampler scarf that I did during a workshop to learn about Shetland lace.

I like it, but I don't love it.  I only use it when I need a longer scarf for doing some outdoor things.  It isn't warm enough for the nasty cold snow shovelling days, and it is too much for the being in the vehicle and indoors while running errands days.  So, I need a smaller scarf that I could tuck inside my jacket.

Then I tripped over it one day.  A cute scarf, and it was a free pattern.  I didn't realize at the time I saved the pattern that it had been translated to English from another language.  It isn't the greatest translation, either - but between the knitting experience I have and the picture, and the simplicity of the design, it really isn't that hard.  I'm nearly done - just have the end weaving and a few finishing touches.  And a little tiny bit more of the knitting - I did make a slight variation to the design.  I promise to show a picture, and a link to where I got it, probably tomorrow 'cause I'm sure I'll finish it tonight!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!