Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not much again

Today is garbage day -  I decided to tie up and toss the half bag of kitchen trash, because we had a couple meat packages in there that were starting to smell... So, I use those smaller kitchen trash bags - 24 X 30 inch or something.... When I put it into that bin I was talking about - that was the only thing in the bin this week!  (Ok, so, I got two dogs and two cats - the dog stuff, I confess, didn't need to be tossed - I use one of those handled plastic grocery bags, and I didn't do the clean up a few days, because with all the melty snow, the "stuff" was too soft and mushy to pick up, and then it snowed finally, and covered most of it - plus was still snowing and blowing at the time of day yesterday I would have gone to do it, so it didn't get done.  Cat stuff - small, compact, clumping litter, bagged and tied and added to regular garbage.  Told you the other day I don't have a lot of trash)  Meat trays are not recyclable, and I used to rinse them off.  BUT - they now put in some sort of absorbant thingy, almost like a paper diaper, that soaks up whatever liquids that come from the meat (and I wonder why the meats cook up so dry?)  Anyway - used to be, that the absorbant stuff was easy to pitch out, didn't really smell bad.  Now, though, these new fangled things are thick, and they suck up everything - can't rinse them, I'd clog my drains.  No need to rinse the trays... After a day or two, these things tend to start to "ripen".  I find myself going through a lot of trash bags, because I have to tie them up and take them out so often.... Gotta get back in the habit of going to a real meat store/butcher instead of supermarket prepack stuff.

Got a good bit going on the baby blanket.  I definitely like the larger, looser stitching.  For softness and snuggly-ness.  I sort of like the smaller, tighter, more dense stitches for looks.  But, since this is to be for a baby, to be wrapped up in and stuff, I am going with the snuggle factor.   If I were to use the stitch pattern for a sweater or something else, or for an older child, I'd go with the firmer fabric.

Didn't take a picture yet, and since my entire day is running late due to an early morning "emergency" trip, I won't be taking a picture now.  I did plan to this morning, and would have.  Tomorrow.  I will for sure.  Even though tomorrow is another of those run around half the day - hair and chiro appointments.  But I'll still pop in here. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!