Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

No pics, short post

I didn't take pictures.  DH (that is dear husband, in 'net speak) is working overtime for a while - January is inventory month.  Delko loves waiting for Daddy, and takes up a position by the fence watching for him about ten minutes or so before his usual home time - now that winter had finally hit (for now, at least, not first time it got cold) I have to make sure he understands Daddy is working late - poor little guy would freeze his nose off waiting... Anyway, so, because of the late supper and all that, I spent way less time last night knitting or crocheting, so I didn't get far.  Took the second ball of yarn I'd bought for the blanket, and started crocheting with a larger hook - went up two sizes - and already I'm liking it better.  May be a bit too loose - but won't really know until I get more than two and a bit pattern rows done.  Need something substantial to really "finger block" it into place, to get a proper idea.  So, no point in taking a picture, until I have something really good to see.  And, today is my "favourite", laundry day.  So it will be a stressful day.  Already managed to jam a sliver into my finger from one of the wood posts along side the stairwell to the basement :(

So far we've had a mild winter - a couple deep freeze days in December, but mostly little snow and lots of melting.  Now we're back to deep freeze temperatures for a few days, at least.  Still, nothing to complain about - it is nearly mid January, so winter is pretty much half over already.

And, it is almost D's second anniversary with us.  Sometimes, hard to believe it has only been two years - other times, it is like, Two Years Already???  I still love and miss Bear, of course, and Spud, too.  But I so adore having Delko in my life. :)  And Lady.  Two wonderful dogs... Both have come a long way.  D still has a few issues, but Lady seems to have settled in now.  I love them both so much :)  Ah, maybe I'll share a picture of them from Christmas Eve - maybe I did already, (I've shared the pics a few other places for sure, so I can't recall and don't feel like opening another tab/window to look), but here is my favourite of the batch I took Christmas Eve:  (they didn't object to wearing the props like I thought they might!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!