Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Waste of time?

Some might think so.   Because I'm sort of on a deadline, I sort of think so.  I always used to. I spent 2 and a half hours last night working on a crochet baby blanket.  I picked a hook that was best suited to the size of the yarn, and did five and a half rows.... Realized that the blanket would be too stiff to be a soft baby blanket.  Ripped it all out, and started over with a larger hook. 

So, no progress pictures, as I barely restarted before it was too close to bedtime and I was too tired....

I consider it a learning experience.  Not really a waste of time.... But, considering I'm on a self-imposed deadline to get it done ASAP, it is a little frustrating to have done all that work and spend the time with nothing to show for it.  But, on the other hand, a larger hook means it will grow faster, so be done sooner with fewer stitches (first attempt was done over 151 chains, new one is only 101)and fewer rows... :)

So - that is my post for today.  Hopefully, will have more to say tomorrow (plus, tomorrow the second clue comes out on the mystery sock, so I need to take a pic of what I have before I start on clue2.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!