Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I done been busy....

So I'm posting late in the day.  While cooking chili for supper. 

I was going to crochet last night, maybe knit a little, and do some more progress picture posting.  But, of course, that plan changed.  Our TV bit the dust.  And we know from experience, that not having a TV can be detrimental to our marital health.... Strange, but true - we can go without *watching* TV for lengthy periods, but somehow, not having the choice seems to put us both on edge... Anyway, last night was spent going out to buy a new one, then assembling and setting it up.  By the time it was done, it was relatively late and I was tired.  So far, though - seems like a nice enough TV.  Still getting used to it - different brand than the last one.  We could have gotten the same brand, but... well, the last one was less than two years old.  And when it started acting up, we looked into repairs - cheaper to buy new.  So, we did. 

Hopefully, I'll be able to do some progress on other stuff now.  Have got the special project part one completed.  So I have a little time between now and part two... I could either get a head start on it, or I could do some house catch up.  I think I'll do housework for a couple days, then start on part two.  I like doing it, but by the time it is over, I'm glad to be done for a while.

I will try to spend time tonight on the crochet blanket.  My hands are getting stronger all the time.  Knitting uses different muscles and hands - which is why I could knit while one hand was broken.  But the crochet muscles are out of shape, and my hands kept getting tired quickly.  I'm getting back to working in longer sessions before I want to give up all together on the blanket ;)  So, I crochet for as long as I can, then push myself to go till just before I start to hate working on it, then I stop for the evening.  It would have been nicer to have a bit more time to work on it, or to not have hand exhaustion so frequently.  But, it is what it is, and I want to finish it. :)

More updating tomorrow. :)  Closer to the usual time, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!