Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Too many temptations....

All sorts of new projects screaming at me to make them... BUT I must do the baby gift stuffs first. Or, I know what will happen... I'll get excited about the new stuff, and the baby gifts will become UFO's or put off till the last minute...

I haven't sewn any seams on the knitted sweater yet. But, I did do the shoulder seams, collar, and front button bands on the crochet one. Just need to do the sleeves. When I picked this pattern, the shells that bordered the sweater looked fine - but now that I'm making it, I'm getting scared it is going to turn out too "girly". I wanted to aim for stuff that could be for a boy or girl. Dang.

Oh, well - baby number one for this couple was a girl; maybe it will turn out all right....

I did a UFO, as well. Yesterday - spent like, maybe ten minutes or less, and sewed up a seam. A few years ago, I made a latch hook piece. It was a small square - 12 inches, I think. I decided to do it as a cushion. So, I made a crocheted square backing for it. Then, I sewed three sides. I also bought a cushion form. It never got finished, though, because the pieces ended up separated from each other. So - recently, I tripped over both the cushion and the form. I put both parts in easy reach. Didn't do anything else, but yesterday, I found myself needing to kill a few moments. Didn't feel like doing computer things, so I grabbed my darning needle, the cushion parts, and... Now I have a completed project :)

So. Short post - I need to take a picture of the new cushion ;) so I can share it. Also am supposed to be downloading a video I took of the doglet, to send to DH.

Will post some progress pictures tomorrow :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!