Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dang!!

Looks like I managed to forget again yesterday. (now there are four days of not blogging since January first... )

I was going to talk about how I didn't make much knitting progress on Friday night, since we had unexpected, though not unpleasant, company.  I did, though, play around with the chart, and did enough knitting to figure out the bead issue.  :) I'm very pleased with what I'm getting now.

Last night, though, I had another set back.  The count seems to be off by one, in the edging section.  I need to fix that up before I go any further... :(

Today is a gray cloudy miserable day... yesterday started out that way, with rain, too, but the sun came out late afternoon, and it ended off a gorgeous day.  We spent some time outside with the puppies.  And I peeked into the rain barrel...  we are about an inch from the overflow!

I'm thinking now of a mixed blessing - all that water that didn't go down to seep into the basement - but on the other hand, that water is not flowing into the ground around the basement.  Too dry, and the house will shift...

But then I realized, we can control that by simply opening the bottom valve, and allowing the water to just run into the ground - enough to keep it moist, but not so much to cause the seepage problem :)

So, today's plans - to get a few things done around the house, then to get the shawl moving forward just a little faster :)   I still need to play around  a bit with the chart, add the top edging to the master chart.  I think I might be able to rechart the whole thing, once the written directions are done, without the "no stitch" squares - the first bit won't "look like" the knitting, but we're talking some 30-ish rows... I'll have to see.  Otherwise, I could simply offer the pattern with the chart(s) not starting until the ends have been established...

I still need to figure out whether I'm really going to just graft in the middle, or take a crack at reversing the pattern at the other end... the thing is, there will need to be some mirroring stuff happen - because there is a top edge and a bottom edge to the shawl, the edging will be on the left of one end, but the right of the other, if I go with the center graph.  If I don't, though, then some of the patterning will have to have decreases reversed, etc....

Decisions, decisions...

And I think I need to come up with a slightly less involved project for some of the TV watching times...

We watched a couple of episodes of Grimm on Friday - getting very exciting and interesting.

And we watched the first two of four parts of a mini-series about the Titanic.  It's being told from differing points of view, and that is leaving it somewhat confusing... a bit of bouncing around in events, overlaps of people interacting... I'm glad we didn't watch it first run - waiting a week between episodes would have really left us confused!!  Not sure just when we'll watch the next two - probably tomorrow or Tuesday, since those are the "dead" nights for TV.  (I get confused too, about the NCIS shows  - they are on one station first run, and reruns on another station, but on the two consecutive nights, and I always mix up which is which.  Time I guess to check imdb.com and search and set the PVR)

So - that catches us up for the two days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!