Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Promised pics and bonus pics..

The sweater I'm doing and seaming at the same time:
Back then front






Took outdoor pictures, sun "washes out" the cables a bit...Showing the seams:











Bonus pictures: Wednesday, almost two weeks ago, I had my GD over for a day to help around the house... One of the things we did was to take the dogs for a walk. I had to go and trip...Took some pics on the Friday morning two days after it happened...

Knee:
Face: (got glasses fixed - they had been mangled, comes from using your face to break your fall... all things considered, my face was the least damaged)And hands.... First, the right hand, for comparison to "normal", then how the left hand looked....









And that is why I took the pictures. Actually, it was more swollen on the Thursday. But by Friday, it was really hurting, so I figured I should get it looked at. Oh, and there was a nice bruise on the palm, and a tiny hole where I guess a stone got driven into the hand.
So, it was off to a clinic, where they gave me this:









I've had it for just over a week now... And I can hardly wait to have it GONE!!!!! I go again this coming Friday, for a follow-up X-ray. What I know from broken bones is a minimum of 6 weeks to heal, so, I'm not going to hold my breath that I won't be coming home without the cast for a while. Oh, right, when typing one handed, I tend to forget to type in complete thoughts, lol...

I broke two bones in my hand. Those long skinny ones that connect your fingers to your wrist - the ones from the baby and ring fingers, at the base or wrist end....

Never mind one handed typing - - one handed *anything* isn't fun. Oh, well... I am sure it could have been worse. And, at least it is PINK :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oy, oy, oy. What did you do that for? That is no good! If you want you grandchildren to come over to help more often, just ask! This will seriously cut into you knitting time, I bet. All kidding aside, I do hope you will feel better soon, and that it will heal properly, and expediently. Don't over do it.

     
  • At 8:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oy,oy,oy, what did you go and do that for? If you want more help around the house, I am pretty sure all you need to do is ask. This will cut into your knitting time quite seriously. But all kidding aside; I hope you will feel better soon, and I hope that your hand will heal properly and expediently.

     
  • At 1:19 p.m., Blogger noricum said…

    Owie!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!