Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy Gnu Year.

Ok, I had a moment of silliness with the title :)

Just wanted to wish everyone and anyone who reads this a prosperous and peaceful 2009.

I'm making progress on the baby sweater, the baby blanket, and the kitty blanket. I successfully executed my first ever two colour granny squares last night. Oh, I knew how they were made, and figured I'd have no trouble with them. I just never got around to making them before. I laid out the little squares (2.75 inch each) in place, to see how the kitty would shape up. This blanket is going to be HUGE!!!! I know, when I sew them together, they won't be quite as big as when they were just set beside each other on the floor. But I was surprised how fast the little squares added up to a big square, lol....

Ok, that is one of my weaknesses - I have problems visualizing spacial things. I have no real concept of space/size. Honest - I can imagine all sorts of things - have a vivid imagination even. But when it comes to real-space things - I have to have a template drawn out in some way. I can handle scale, or real size templates, but I just can't envision where something will fit or what it will look like size wise. You know, like when you look in a catalogue, and it says something is so many inches or centimeters wide by so many long... I go get a ruler and lay it down, move it around, to get an idea of the size....

Ok, bared the soul a bit - it remains to be seen if that is a good way to start a new year or not :0

So, the kitties were finding so many mice, that we decided to help them, by setting a mousetrap. Suddenly, there seems to be no more mouse activity.... guess they realized that their friends/family weren't coming home anymore, so maybe our house wasn't a good place to hang out.... Well, that is a good thing - means the girls are earning their keep :)

Well, guess that is a good enough quick post. I'll try (again) to post more often here. Maintenance - my mantra for '09.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!