Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Some finishes

Ok, so I got a major pita project done. Only pita because it was on a timeline, and I don't like pressure when I knit or crochet or whatever. I enjoy the process, more than the product. But, life being what it is, I know that sometimes, we must face deadlines. So, I was making some WWII era wrist warmer things for our local museum. I will take a picture before I turn them over. I just haven`t done that yet (getting lazy on the picture taking, I know).

My other completed project (also no picture - especially dumb because I should have done a before picture - oh, well...) is a felted tote bag. If you want to see it sooner than me getting a picture up - it is in the Fall `08 Knitters Magazine, called 'Ripple Me This'. Turned out quite lovely!!!

So, I finished the two main projects that I`ve been working on, and suddenly, don`t know what to do next! I will, of course, go back to working on a baby blanket for a baby due in March. Gives me two months to knit it... I think I`m going to rip it back, and start it over, though. See, it is really a small blanket, pram cover style, not a good ol' wrap 'em up snuggly warm thing... and, since it turned out that the mom-to-be had to go in for an ultrasound because they thought she might be having twins... well, I am a little concerned that it will be a big baby... I know, I know - the extra might not be all baby, it could be water, fluid, etc. etc. But I would rather be safe than sorry. Besides, it turns out that the yarn I am using is a discontinued colour. :( I am using a pattern that has a blanket, matching sweater and pants, and hat. I was thinking about doing the whole set. So, I bought extra yarn.... then, when I tried to get more, turned out it was discontinued. I have enough yarn to make the blanket as is, and the hat, and the pants. But not the sweater. I don't have enough for the sweater and blanket as is, and the grandma to be specifically wanted to have the hat as well as the blanket.... so - I might as well use the extra yarn to make a bigger blanket.

And I found another suitable pattern for another sweater and pant set, that I can do instead. :)

Since I've decided that I really want to stop buying lots and lots of yarn, and since I have lots and lots of UFO's, I am going to try to restrain myself, and get some of those projects done. I just don't know which one to start working on next....

Ok, so I have the baby blanket to do; a pair of bamboo yarn socks for DH; I need some warm mittens or gloves for this winter; I need a replacement scarf 'cause I'm sick of the one I have (don't have yarn for this yet, though); and I have a request to make a hat for a co-worker of DH. That is a small project - shouldn't take more than a couple days.... (famous last words, right?)

Maybe I'll just go sort out the mess around my chair, and see what UFO's are hanging around waiting for me.... :)

I know, I should be getting ready to paint. But life reared its ugly head, and I might not be getting any painting done for a while yet. Not happy about that at all. But sometimes, no matter what, there are some things you cannot control. But I still have some basement clearing to do... that is one I am NOT backing down on. Not that I am backing down on the paint, just delaying it, but the dryer - I am NOT backing down on one bit. I still have way too much anger, that gets refreshed every Wednesday....

1 Comments:

  • At 2:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't is amazing how times flies. I remember your last years resolution, do you? Are you going to do that again this year??? TEEHEE!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!