Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Months go by....

Faster than you realize....
I didn't think it had been that long. BUT - I've gotten things caught up somewhat, so I can get back to a routine. Or, create a new one is a better way to say it.
I have been knitting, though not taking pictures. I don't have progress pics on a couple things - one because I wasn't sure where I was going to post it, and another because it worked up a bit too fast....

I have been working on a vest. The pattern came from Knitty.com; a use-up-your-scraps type project. It was perfect for what I'd been wanting - I needed something to keep my back warm some days at work, because I found that if I was in a particular place in the store, the opening and closing of the door caused a nasty chill on my back. I don't like to wear cardigans much, and I didn't really want a sweater as such... I also wanted an opportunity to try out some new yarns we'd gotten in. So, I made the vest - perfect, because I could make it in a few different yarn colours and types, and it would be functional. I only forgot about one tiny detail.....

There were about a million ends to weave in. :(

Anyway - here's a picture of the (nearly) finished vest :

Oh, sorry - an example of another reason I don't take many pictures.... I have a couple of kitties who see a camera and decide they need to pose....



I mentioned the vest is "nearly" finished - what the picture doesn't show is that there are still 28 ends to be woven in before I can wear it... but hopefully, I will have it done in a couple days :)

Besides that one, I need to fix a mitten thumb (before tomorrow!) in a mitten that I made - oh, two years ago? two winters, for sure... I posted pics here of it - the paw print mittens I made for a friend's daughter. She wore out the thumb, and she so loves the mittens...

I also knitted a tote bag. A felted tote bag.... I finally felted something. I made the tote bag from the book, "Kitty Knits" by Donna Druchunas. I didn't take a before picture. I still haven't taken an "after" picture, for that matter... but I did knit and felt it. I like it... I like all the projects in that book. I plan to make everything in it.

I'm progressing on the poncho, too. And I started another sweater. A cardigan - I know, I don't like cardigans much, but this one has kitties on it.

I'll try to get busy taking more pictures, and posting them, real soon. But that is it for now - need to do some grocery shopping :)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:46 p.m., Blogger Kat said…

    The vest (and the kitty!) looks great!

    I can't wait to see the bag. (hint hint!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!