Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Blog to tell you about :)

http://ramwoolsnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/

Check it out... :) It will be worth it, really....

Ok, so, I've been taking a break from lace knitting - I shouldn't, since they are all KAL's and I do love them all - and new KAL's will be starting, and I need my needles back....

But when knitting isn't fun anymore, 'cause you're dealing with furry paw help reading charts...

So, I've been doing socks... working on a UFO sock (Bellatrix) and Yes, I started some new socks. Well, see - there was a good reason.... (aka I can justify any knitting project, lol)
Ok, so, people come into the store, and sometimes, they ask me about the Bamboo needles we sell. Now, I could only answer them based on what I'd heard - so, I decided, since I'd joined Sockamania and was going to give the December sock a good shot, that I'd buy the bamboo dpns to try them out. I like them (see post on needle review). So - I'm knitting some snowflake socks for me:

And I`m making some wool socks for DH:










That light coloured line of knitting in the picture - that is some pale blue yarn that I used for waste yarn to make the spot for the afterthought heel. Of course, since taking the picture yesterday morning, I`ve finished knitting on the foot, done the toe, and am halfway done the heel. So, you`ll get an updated picture of the first sock finished tomorrow....

Today, I have to move some stuff in my basement. I am getting a new dryer delivered tomorrow!!! If you`ve known me for long, or have been reading my blog for a while, you`ll know that a couple or nearly three years ago, my dryer decided it was going to try to burn down my house. Unfortunately, it didn`t figure on me being somewhat paranoid about fires, and also on the spot at the time...a quick dial of 911, and I`d foiled the plan....

Anyway - I`ve been doing the laundramat thing for a while now... it has its good points. A bit of a relaxing time during the day, knitting while I wait for the dryers to do their job. Getting all the laundry sorted and folded on a nice big table, instead of in my lap or on soft surface (carpet, couch, etc.) that is covered in fur.... Which reminds me - I haven`t shown off the progress on the scarf for a while:
BUT - it can sometimes be a pain - especially in this cold weather, or when it rained....

If I may, here - when I was taking apart the dryer, so I could get it out of the basement, I wanted to see exactly what started to burn. I`ve always faithfully cleaned the lint trap, etc. Well, turns out....

Between the drum and the vent chute, there is a gasket of some sort. This gasket broke down - so, instead of the lint going into the lint trap, it was going into the back of the dryer, against the heating element, and packing into the bottom of the framework...

I intend to be even more vigilant in keeping my dryer lint free from now on..... Just because there isn`t too much lint in the lint trap, it doesn`t mean that there wasn`t much lint produced, it might mean that the lint is going elsewhere.....

Now, back to happier news :)

This past weekend, we put up our tree. And, for some reason, the girls have been leaving it alone.... I don`t trust them one bit.... but for now, just the odd batting at an ornament or two, but nothing like a real attack.



You got the best picture first... I took several, trying to get the lights to show, me to not shake the camera, different settings...
You can see some of the kitty collection on the shelves behind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!