Crafts are my passion, Cats are my obsession

My crafting adventures, my cats, my dogs, my opinons - I never did keep a diary as a child, but I'm doing it now!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm Ba-ack....

Well, the Turkey dinner was great. We got the cabin all closed up for the winter.

And, I actually added a button. With a lot of help, lol.... But I did it!!! The Frost Flowers And Leaves group....

There is a gorgeous shawl pattern in the book, "Gathering of Lace" by Meg Swanson, and there are a bunch of people who are going to work on it as a knit along, starting November 1. I'm taking the plunge, as it were, and plan to spin some laceweight alpaca to knit it with. I'm a novice spinner, but that never stops me from trying something :) And besides, the shawl is for me, so if it isn't perfect, so what? Right?

Now that I know how to add buttons, maybe I'll add a few more! Not necessarily today, but soon - very soon.

In the meantime, I'm trying to clean up my messy house, now that I'm going to be hanging around home a little more often and I'll be able to sort out all my ongoing projects and UFO's.

Oh, and gotta brag a bit - yesterday I was at the local Salvation Army Thrift store, and picked up a sewing machine for $20. Singer.... My favourite brand. I have a sewing machine already, but it has a built in stretch and sew feature that I don't always get along with. So, I'd been on the lookout for an older machine.... Now, I thought that with the model number, and internet and everything, that I'd be able to figure out the age of the machine, and a few more details about it, but am so far coming up empty. DANG.

But, it works, and with a little effort, I can probably get enough accessories (maybe even interchange with my newer model) together to get it sewing! :)

So, hopefully, my next update will include some more buttons to some of the groups I'm in, and some listings of some of my projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


  Plan your trip
  Local Radar
  Detailed Forecast


Click for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Forecast Click for Winnipeg, Manitoba Forecast
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!